- Dubai Police have suggested they plan to add Tesla’s new Cybertruck to their impressive fleet of patrol cars.
- The force tweeted a photo of the Cybertruck covered with the Dubai Police logo and colorway on Tuesday.
- Dubai’s police force already owns a 253 mile-per-hour Bugatti Veyron, an Aston Martin One-77, a Bentley Continental GT, three hybrid Porsche Panameras, and two BMW i8s.
- Elon Musk says Tesla has received over 250,000 orders for the truck, which will be ready in late 2021 and costs between $39,900 and $69,900.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Dubai Police hinted that it may be using Tesla’s new Cybertruck to patrol the city’s streets when it comes out in 2021.
The force posted a photo the Cybertruck, complete with the Dubai Police badge and colorway, to Twitter on Tuesday.
—Dubai Policeشرطة دبي (@DubaiPoliceHQ) November 26, 2019
The photo was initially shared to Twitter by the government’s Dubai Future Foundation.
Dubai Police, famous for adding top of the range cars to their fleet, havs since pinned the photo to their Twitter feed.
The force already owns a 253 mile-per-hour Bugatti Veyron, an Aston Martin One-77, a Bentley Continental GT, three hybrid Porsche Panameras, and two BMW i8s.
Tesla CEO Elon Musk hinted on Twitter Tuesday that the company has already received 250,000 orders for the new Cybertruck, unveiled in Los Angeles last Thursday night.
The Cybertruck range starts at $39,900, with the most expensive model costing $69,900.