- Black Friday is this Friday, November 29.
- There will be deals on tech and electronics, home goods, clothing, and more, like $25 off the rarely discounted Apple AirPods, 20% off Brooklinen sheets, $48 off your first year of Hulu, and $45 off the Kindle Paperwhite.
- Below you’ll find a list of which stores are having the best sales, the early Black Friday 2019 deals you can already shop, and a preview of the ones we already know about.
- To potentially save more on Black Friday deals this year, visit Business Insider Coupons to find the most up-to-date coupons and promo codes for tons of stores.
Black Friday is this Friday, and if you’ve been keeping up with all of our Black Friday coverage, you probably know that many early deals and Black Friday ads are already live.
Below, learn everything you need to know about Black Friday, including where to shop, what to buy, and what deals you can already start taking advantage of.
The best Black Friday deals of 2019
Most of these deals are live now and available through Black Friday, so you can save time and avoid sold-out deals by shopping them now. For the deals that are not yet live, we’ve specified their launch dates below.
- Best laptop deal: Apple 13-inch MacBook Air, $899 (originally $1,099) [You save $200 if you choose no-rush shipping, which includes an extra $100 off], available at Amazon
- Best streaming deal: Get Hulu Basic for $1.99 a month for the first year (normally $5.99 a month) [You save $48]
- Best Amazon lightning deal: Tile Mate and Tile Slim 4-Pack (2 x Mate, 2 x Slim), $29.99 (originally $49.99) [You save $20] * November 28 only
- Best fitness tracker deal: Fitbit Versa 2, $149 (originally $200) [You save $51], available at Amazon
- Best earbuds deal: Apple AirPods with Charging Case, $134 (originally $159) [You save $25], available at Amazon
- Best e-book reader deal: Kindle Paperwhite + $5 ebook credit, $84.99 (originally $129.99) [You save $45], available at Amazon
- Best DNA kit deal: 23andMe DNA Test – Health + Ancestry, $99 (originally $199) [You save $100], available at Amazon
- Best headphones deal: Sony WH1000XM3 Noise Cancelling Headphones, $278 (originally $350) [You save $72], available at Amazon
- Best appliance deal: 40% off Appliance Special Buys, available at The Home Depot
- Best tablet deal: Microsoft Surface Pro 7, $599 (originally $959) [You save $360], available at Best Buy
- Best TV deal: TCL 55-inch Roku 4K UHD Smart TV, $280 (originally $450) [You save $170], available at Target
- Best smart home deal: Lenovo Smart Clock with Google Assistant, $40 (originally $80) [You save $40], available at Best Buy
- Best music streaming deal: Amazon Music Unlimited: New members get four months for $1 (originally $32) [You save $31], available at Amazon
- Best kitchen appliance deal: Instant Pot Duo Nova 1-in-1 6-Quart, $80 (originally $130) [You save $50], plus $15 in Kohl’s Cash, available at Kohl’s.
- Best coffee maker deal: Nespresso VertuoPlus Coffee and Espresso Machine, $99.99 (originally $199.99) [You save $100], available at Target
- Best air purifier deal: Coway Mighty Air Purifier, $116 (originally $230) [You save $114], available at Amazon
- Best vacuum deal: Dyson Ball Total Clean Vacuum, $289 (originally $624) [You save $335], available at The Home Depot
- Best store rewards deal: $15 Kohl’s Cash for every $50 spent+ take an extra 15% off with code “GIVETHANKS“, available at Kohl’s *from November 25 through November 29*
- Best startup sheets deal: 20% off sitewide at Brooklinen
- Best startup apparel deal: 25% off orders above $100 at Tommy John
- Best startup bags deal: 20% off sitewide at Dagne Dover
- Best startup mattress deal: 10% off any order with a mattress at Casper
- Best startup mattress deal: Up to $350 off mattresses plus free pillows at Leesa
- Best startup jewelry deal: Up to 20% off sitewide at Mejuri
What makes these deals great:
- Apple 13-inch MacBook Air, $899 (originally $1,099) [You save $200 if you choose no-rush shipping, which includes an extra $100 off], available at Amazon. This is the best price ever on the new MacBook Air. At first glance, the discount is $199 off, which Best Buy is also offering, but choose free no-rush shipping at checkout and you’ll get another $100 off.
- Fitbit Versa 2, $149 (originally $200) [You save $51], available at Amazon. Don’t miss out on the best price for the 24/7 heart-rate monitoring fitness tracker. You can choose from a few different colors — just make sure it’s not one of the special-edition versions, which cost $30 more.
- Apple AirPods with Charging Case, $134 (originally $159) [You save $25], available at Amazon. AirPods don’t go on sale often, so when they do, you should take advantage of the opportunity. On Amazon, the new AirPods Pro are $15 off (now $235), but if you’re not looking to spend more than $200, the original AirPods are still a powerful and convenient alternative.
- Kindle Paperwhite + $5 ebook credit, $84.99 (originally $129.99) [You save $45], available at Amazon. Prices won’t get any better on the most popular model of Amazon’s Kindle ebook reader, which has a backlight for nighttime reading and a higher resolution than the basic Kindle. It’s the go-to of most members of our team, but you can read our full review of the Paperwhite here if you need more information. To get your portable library started, you’ll also get $5 in ebook credit, and you can get three free months of Kindle Unlimited (if you’ve never signed up before).
- 23andMe DNA Test – Health + Ancestry, $99 (originally $199) [You save $100], available at Amazon. 23andMe reliably offers this 50% off deal every year, but that doesn’t make it any less valuable. You can learn about your unique genes and ancestry from the comfort of your own home.
- Sony WH1000XM3 Noise Cancelling Headphones, $278 (originally $350) [You save $72], available at Amazon. One of our favorite pairs of noise-cancelling headphones is at its best price ever. For under $300, you’ll get a powerful set of headphones that won’t only cancel out surrounding noise — they also feature “smart listening” that actively adjusts ambient sound based on where you wear them.
- 40% off Appliance Special Buys, available at The Home Depot. The well-known Home Depot event saves you hundreds on refrigerators, washers, dryers, ovens, and other large appliances, plus you get free delivery on purchases of $396 or more. To make it easy on you, there are also multiple pre-bundled packages for your favorite brands, like Samsung and GE.
- Microsoft Surface Pro 7, $599 (originally $959) [You save $360], available at Best Buy If you’ve been eyeing Microsoft’s brand-new Surface Pro 7, the base model will see its lowest price yet this Black Friday. It sports a sharp display and a long-awaited USB-C port. If you buy it with Microsoft’s Type Cover (or a third-party Bluetooth keyboard), it functions as a great laptop as well.
- TCL 55-inch Roku 4K UHD Smart TV, $280 (originally $450) [You save $170], available at Target This smart TV is relatively affordable but includes capabilities that the average user may be looking for, like wireless or direct connection streaming. You’ll see the same $280 price listed at Best Buy, but Target RedCard holders will get an additional 5% off.
- Lenovo Smart Clock with Google Assistant, $40 (originally $80) [You save $40], available at Best Buy. This smart clock is at an all-time low at 50% off. You can also find the deal at The Home Depot, but the Best Buy deal includes free three-month subscriptions to both SiriusXM Premier and Pandora Premium so you can start your new morning routine on the right foot.
- Amazon Music Unlimited: New members get four months for $1 (originally $32) [You save $31], available at Amazon. Amazon’s music streaming service normally costs $8 a month for Prime members, making this $1 deal (just $0.25 a month) a can’t-miss opportunity for anyone who loves listening to music. We recently reviewed Amazon Music Unlimited and found it to be pretty similar to Spotify in terms of its song catalog.
- Instant Pot Duo Nova 1-in-1 6-Quart, $80 (originally $130) [You save $50], plus $15 in Kohl’s Cash, available at Kohl’s. The Instant Pot Duo is our favorite multicooker on the market. It’s a super-easy way to prepare quick meals and can accommodate ribs, soups, beans, rice, poultry, yogurt, desserts, and pretty much anything else you might be craving. The $50 discount matches the best Black Friday deals we saw last year, but you get a bonus of $15 in Kohl’s Cash that you can use the next time you shop at Kohl’s.
- Nespresso VertuoPlus Coffee and Espresso Machine, $99.99 (originally $199.99) [You save $100], available at Target. The Nespresso VertuoPlus makes freshly brewed coffee with cream as well as espressos at the touch of a button. Your savings overall are $100.
- Coway Mighty Air Purifier, $116 (originally $230) [You save $114], available at Amazon. The affordable yet powerful air purifier is at its best price ever and was once our top pick for the best air purifier you can buy (before being topped by one of Coway’s newer, slightly more expensive models).
- Dyson Ball Total Clean Vacuum, $289 (originally $624) [You save $335], available at The Home Depot. Dyson’s cordless stick vacuum designs (and prices) aren’t for everyone, but if you know you’re interested in them, now is the time to buy. The ball part of this vacuum increases stability and control, though the trade-off is that the vacuum is slightly heavier than other models. It’s the best price you’ll see.
- $15 Kohl’s Cash for every $50 spent + take an extra 15% off with code “GIVETHANKS,” available at Kohl’s *from November 25 through November 29* Kohl’s Cash can be used on future purchases until December 9. It’s a good incentive to buy some big-ticket items from Kohl’s rather than head to Amazon, Target, Best Buy, Walmart, or Nordstrom, which may try to match prices but won’t include the same rewards.
- 20% off sitewide at Brooklinen. Though you can also find home deals from larger retailers such as Amazon, Target, and Walmart, Brooklinen is one of the best places online to find luxury-quality sheets for less, and it rarely discounts its products. We love its linen sheets (you can read our review here) because they’re breathable and keep us from sweating through the night.
- 25% off orders of $100+ at Tommy John. These are by far the steepest discounts we’ve seen our favorite underwear brand offer; last year’s Black Friday and Cyber Monday offers were for 20% off. We’ve named Tommy John’s underwear for women as our top overall pick in our highly researched underwear guide because it comes in a variety of materials and shapes, never digs in, and always stays breathable. The men on our team are big fans, too.
- 20% off sitewide at Dagne Dover. The rare sale gives you the opportunity to find trendy work bags and backpacks for less. We named Dagne Dover’s Signature Classic tote the best overall work bag for women and best tote bag for keeping organized.
- 10% off any order with a mattress at Casper. On top of this deal, which applies to all three of Casper’s award-winning mattresses, all Supima and Cotton sheets are 50% off. It’s the perfect excuse to upgrade your entire bedroom setup in one go. Read our review of the Casper mattress here, or check out our buying guide where we named the Casper mattress the best all-foam option out there.
- Up to $350 off mattresses plus free pillows at Leesa. Another big startup deal to consider comes from Leesa, whose Hybrid mattress is our favorite mattress we’ve tried. Plus, your Black Friday purchase will help someone in need — the certified B Corp donates one mattress to someone in need for every mattress sold.
- Up to 20% off sitewide at Mejuri. Mejuri makes some of the most beautiful dainty gold jewelry you can buy, and you can take it from us that its stuff makes for great holiday gifts. Its one and only sale of 2019 is its Black Friday sale, when shoppers get 10% off one item, 15% off two items, and 20% off when they purchase three or more items.
How we selected the best Black Friday deals:
- We only chose products that meet our high standard of coverage and that we’ve either used ourselves or researched carefully.
- We compared the prices among top retailers such as Amazon, Best Buy, Target, and Walmart and included only the deals that are better than all others offered (not including promotional discounts that come from using certain credit cards).
- All deals are at least 20% off, with the occasional exception for products that are rarely discounted or provide an outsize value.