Black Friday is here. Below, learn everything you need to know about Black Friday, including where to shop, what to buy, and what deals are most worth your time this year.
The best Black Friday deals and sales of 2019
Save yourself time, enjoy those Thanksgiving leftovers, and avoid sold-out deals on Black Friday by shopping our researched list of the best deals that we’re updating frequently.
- Best Amazon Echo deal: Echo Dot, $22 (originally $50) [You save $28], available at Amazon
- Best streaming deal: Get Hulu Basic for $1.99 a month for the first year (normally $5.99 a month) [You save $48], available at Hulu
- Best earbuds deal: Apple AirPods with Charging Case, $129 (originally $159) [You save $30], available at Amazon
- Best e-book reader deal: Kindle Paperwhite + $5 ebook credit, $85 (originally $130) [You save $45], available at Amazon
- Best appliance deal: 40% off Appliance Special Buys, available at The Home Depot
- Best tablet deal: Microsoft Surface Pro 7, $599 (originally $959) [You save $360], available at Best Buy
- Best TV deal: TCL 55-inch Roku 4K UHD Smart TV, $280 (originally $450) [You save $170], available at Target
- Best kitchen appliance deal: Instant Pot Duo Nova 1-in-1 6-Quart, $80 (originally $130) [You save $50], plus $15 in Kohl’s Cash, available at Kohl’s
- Best coffee maker deal: Nespresso VertuoPlus Coffee and Espresso Machine, $100 (originally $200) [You save $100], available at Target
- Best store rewards deal: $15 Kohl’s Cash for every $50 spent+ take an extra 15% off with code “GIVETHANKS“, available at Kohl’s
- Best startup sheets deal: 20% off sitewide at Brooklinen
- Best startup apparel deal: 25% off orders above $100 at Tommy John
- Best startup bags deal: 20% off sitewide at Dagne Dover
- Best startup mattress deal: 10% off any order with a mattress at Casper
- Best startup mattress deal: Up to $350 off mattresses plus free pillows at Leesa
- Best startup jewelry deal: Up to 20% off sitewide at Mejuri
What makes these deals great:
- Echo Dot, $22 (originally $50) [You save $28] The most affordable Echo smart speaker gets even cheaper. At this price, you can stock up on a couple or more and spread them throughout the house. The Echo Dot is our pick for the best affordable smart speaker.
- Get Hulu Basic for $1.99 a month for the first year (normally $5.99 a month) [You save $48], available at Hulu. The 2019 deal is not as good as the 2018 deal, which gave new subscribers a yearlong subscription to the ad-supported version of Hulu for $0.99 a month, but it’s still a great deal overall, saving them $48 in their first year.
- Fitbit Versa 2, $149 (originally $200) [You save $51], available at Amazon. Don’t miss out on the best price for the 24/7 heart-rate monitoring fitness tracker. You can choose from a few different colors — just make sure it’s not one of the special-edition versions, which cost $30 more.
- Apple AirPods with Charging Case, $129 (originally $159) [You save $30], available at Amazon. AirPods don’t go on sale often, so when they do, you should take advantage of the opportunity. On Amazon, the new AirPods Pro are $15 off (now $235), but if you’re not looking to spend more than $200, the original AirPods are still a powerful and convenient alternative.
- Microsoft Surface Pro 7, $599 (originally $959) [You save $360], available at Best Buy If you’ve been eyeing Microsoft’s brand-new Surface Pro 7, the base model will see its lowest price yet this Black Friday. It sports a sharp display and a long-awaited USB-C port. If you buy it with Microsoft’s Type Cover (or a third-party Bluetooth keyboard), it functions as a great laptop as well.
- TCL 55-inch Roku 4K UHD Smart TV, $280 (originally $450) [You save $170], available at Target This smart TV is relatively affordable but includes capabilities that the average user may be looking for, like wireless or direct connection streaming. You’ll see the same $280 price listed at Best Buy, but Target RedCard holders will get an additional 5% off.
- Amazon Music Unlimited: New members get four months for $1 (originally $32) [You save $31], available at Amazon. Amazon’s music streaming service normally costs $8 a month for Prime members, making this $1 deal (just $0.25 a month) a can’t-miss opportunity for anyone who loves listening to music. We recently reviewed Amazon Music Unlimited and found it to be pretty similar to Spotify in terms of its song catalog.
- Instant Pot Duo Nova 1-in-1 6-Quart, $80 (originally $130) [You save $50], plus $15 in Kohl’s Cash, available at Kohl’s. The Instant Pot Duo is our favorite multicooker on the market. It’s a super-easy way to prepare quick meals and can accommodate ribs, soups, beans, rice, poultry, yogurt, desserts, and pretty much anything else you might be craving. The $50 discount matches the best Black Friday deals we saw last year, but you get a bonus of $15 in Kohl’s Cash that you can use the next time you shop at Kohl’s.
- Nespresso VertuoPlus Coffee and Espresso Machine, $99.99 (originally $199.99) [You save $100], available at Target. The Nespresso VertuoPlus makes freshly brewed coffee with cream as well as espressos at the touch of a button. Your savings overall are $100.
- Dyson Ball Total Clean Vacuum, $289 (originally $624) [You save $335], available at The Home Depot. Dyson’s cordless stick vacuum designs (and prices) aren’t for everyone, but if you know you’re interested in them, now is the time to buy. The ball part of this vacuum increases stability and control, though the trade-off is that the vacuum is slightly heavier than other models. It’s the best price you’ll see.
- $15 Kohl’s Cash for every $50 spent + take an extra 15% off with code “GIVETHANKS,” available at Kohl’s *from November 25 through November 29* Kohl’s Cash can be used on future purchases until December 9. It’s a good incentive to buy some big-ticket items from Kohl’s rather than head to Amazon, Target, Best Buy, Walmart, or Nordstrom, which may try to match prices but won’t include the same rewards.
- 25% off orders of $100+ at Tommy John. These are by far the steepest discounts we’ve seen our favorite underwear brand offer; last year’s Black Friday and Cyber Monday offers were for 20% off. We’ve named Tommy John’s underwear for women as our top overall pick in our highly researched underwear guide because it comes in a variety of materials and shapes, never digs in, and always stays breathable. The men on our team are big fans, too.
How we selected the best Black Friday deals:
- We only chose products that meet our high standard of coverage and that we’ve either used ourselves or researched carefully.
- We compared the prices among top retailers such as Amazon, Best Buy, Target, and Walmart and included only the deals that are better than all others offered (not including promotional discounts that come from using certain credit cards).
- All deals are at least 20% off, with the occasional exception for products that are rarely discounted or provide an outsize value.