- Black Friday is finally here, and with it, no shortage of deals.
- Halfway through the day, some deals are selling out, which might make you tempted to grab anything you can get your hands on. But be careful: Not all Black Friday deals are created equal, and there are still plenty of great deals to shop.
- The best deals on tech and electronics, home goods, clothing, and more include $70 off Sony noise-cancelling headphones, 20% off Brooklinen sheets, $48 off your first year of Hulu, and $45 off the Kindle Paperwhite.
- Below you’ll find a list of which stores are having the best sales that we’re updating around the clock today.
- To potentially save more on Black Friday deals this year, visit Business Insider Coupons to find the most up-to-date coupons and promo codes for tons of stores.
Updated on 11/29/19 at 4:25 p.m. ET
Black Friday is here. Below, learn everything you need to know about Black Friday, including where to shop, what to buy, and what deals are most worth your time this year.
The best Black Friday deals and sales of 2019
Save yourself time, enjoy those Thanksgiving leftovers, and avoid sold-out deals on Black Friday by shopping our researched list of the best deals from Amazon, Best Buy, Target, Walmart, and more stores that we’re updating frequently.
- Best Amazon Echo deal: Echo (3rd Gen), $60 (originally $100) [You save $40], available at Amazon
- Best streaming deal: Get Hulu Basic for $1.99 a month for the first year (normally $5.99 a month) [You save $48], available at Hulu
- Best fitness tracker deal: Fitbit Versa 2, $150 (originally $200) [You save $50], available at Best Buy
- Best gaming console deal: Xbox One S 1 TB Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order Bundle, $199.99 (originally $299.99) [You save $100, plus get a $40 gift card]
- Best e-book reader deal: Kindle Paperwhite + $5 ebook credit, $85 (originally $130) [You save $45], available at Amazon
- Best camera deal: Fujifilm Instax Mini 9 Instant Camera, $34 (originally $69) [You save $35 with extra savings coupon], available at Amazon
- Best headphones deal: Sony WH1000XM3 Noise Cancelling Headphones, $278 (originally $350) [You save $72], available at Best Buy
- Best appliance deal: 40% off Appliance Special Buys, available at The Home Depot
- Best tablet deal: Microsoft Surface Pro 7, $599 (originally $959) [You save $360], available at Best Buy
- Best TV deal: TCL 55-inch Roku 4K UHD Smart TV, $280 (originally $450) [You save $170], available at Target
- Best smart home deal: Lenovo Smart Clock with Google Assistant, $40 (originally $80) [You save $40], available at Home Depot
- Best smart home deal: Chamberlain MyQ Smart Garage Door Opener, $18 (originally $50) [You save $32], available at Amazon
- Best kitchen appliance deal: Instant Pot Duo Nova 7-in-1 6-Quart, $65 (originally $130) [You save $65], plus $15 in Kohl’s Cash, available at Kohl’s
- Best coffee maker deal: Nespresso VertuoPlus Coffee and Espresso Machine, $100 (originally $200) [You save $100], available at Target
- Best air purifier deal: Coway Mighty Air Purifier, $135 (originally $230) [You save $95], available at Walmart
- Best vacuum deal: Dyson V8 Absolute, $250 (originally $450) [You save $200], available at Dyson
- Best toy deal: Hover-1 Maverick Hoverboard, $98 (originally $128) [You save $30], available at Walmart
- Best store rewards deal: $15 Kohl’s Cash for every $50 spent+ take an extra 15% off with code “GIVETHANKS“, available at Kohl’s
- Best startup sheets deal: 20% off sitewide at Brooklinen
- Best startup clothing deal: 25% off orders above $100 at Tommy John
- Best startup bags deal: 20% off sitewide at Dagne Dover
- Best startup mattress deal: 15% off any order with a mattress at Casper
- Best startup mattress deal: Up to $350 off mattresses plus free pillows at Leesa
- Best startup jewelry deal: Up to 20% off sitewide at Mejuri
What makes these deals great:
- Echo (3rd Gen), $60 (originally $100) [You save $40], available at Amazon. The latest Echo balances affordability and features, and on Black Friday there’s the opportunity to bundle it with discounted accessories like the Smart Plug and Smart Bulb Starter Kit, or services like four free months of Amazon Music Unlimited.
- Get Hulu Basic for $1.99 a month for the first year (normally $5.99 a month) [You save $48], available at Hulu. The 2019 deal is not as good as the 2018 deal, which gave new subscribers a yearlong subscription to the ad-supported version of Hulu for $0.99 a month, but it’s still a great deal overall, saving them $48 in their first year.
- Fitbit Versa 2, $150 (originally $200) [You save $50], available at Best Buy. Don’t miss out on the best price for the 24/7 heart-rate monitoring fitness tracker. You can choose from a few different colors — just make sure it’s not one of the special-edition versions, which cost $30 more.
- Xbox One S 1 TB Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order Bundle, $199.99 (originally $299.99) [You save $100, plus get a $40 gift card] The Xbox One S 1TB bundle comes with a wireless controller and the Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Deluxe Edition game. The same deal is also available at GameStop, but it does not come with the additional $40 store gift card like it does from Target.
- Kindle Paperwhite + $5 ebook credit, $84.99 (originally $129.99) [You save $45], available at Target. Prices won’t get any better on the most popular model of Amazon’s Kindle ebook reader, which has a backlight for nighttime reading and a higher resolution than the basic Kindle. It’s the go-to of most members of our team, but you can read our full review of the Paperwhite here if you need more information. To get your portable library started, you’ll also get $5 in ebook credit, and you can get three free months of Kindle Unlimited (if you’ve never signed up before).
- Fujifilm Instax Mini 9 Instant Camera, $34 (originally $69) [You save $35 with extra savings coupon], available at Amazon. Thanks to the extra savings coupon that takes another $14 off the sale price of $49, this popular camera, perfect as a gift for teens, is at the lowest price we’ve ever seen.
- Sony WH1000XM3 Noise Cancelling Headphones, $278 (originally $350) [You save $72], available at Best Buy. One of our favorite pairs of noise-cancelling headphones is at its best price ever. For under $300, you’ll get a powerful set of headphones that won’t only cancel out surrounding noise — they also feature “smart listening” that actively adjusts ambient sound based on where you wear them.
- Microsoft Surface Pro 7, $599 (originally $959) [You save $360], available at Best Buy. If you’ve been eyeing Microsoft’s brand-new Surface Pro 7, the base model will see its lowest price yet this Black Friday. It sports a sharp display and a long-awaited USB-C port. If you buy it with Microsoft’s Type Cover (or a third-party Bluetooth keyboard), it functions as a great laptop as well.
- TCL 55-inch Roku 4K UHD Smart TV, $280 (originally $450) [You save $170], available at Target. This smart TV is relatively affordable but includes capabilities that the average user may be looking for, like wireless or direct connection streaming. You’ll see the same $280 price listed at Best Buy, but Target RedCard holders will get an additional 5% off.
- Lenovo Smart Clock with Google Assistant, $40 (originally $80) [You save $40], available at Home Depot. This smart clock is at an all-time low at 50% off. You can also find the deal at The Home Depot, but the Best Buy deal includes free three-month subscriptions to both SiriusXM Premier and Pandora Premium so you can start your new morning routine on the right foot.
- Chamberlain MyQ Smart Garage Door Opener, $18 (originally $50) [You save $32], available at Amazon. This is the lowest price available for a smart garage hub that ensures you never worry about whether you closed the garage door when you left the house this morning. It also works with Amazon Key for secure in-garage deliveries.
- Amazon Music Unlimited: New members get four months for $1 (originally $32) [You save $31], available at Amazon. Amazon’s music streaming service normally costs $8 a month for Prime members, making this $1 deal (just $0.25 a month) a can’t-miss opportunity for anyone who loves listening to music. We recently reviewed Amazon Music Unlimited and found it to be pretty similar to Spotify in terms of its song catalog.
- Instant Pot Duo Nova 1-in-1 6-Quart, $80 (originally $130) [You save $50], plus $15 in Kohl’s Cash, available at Kohl’s. The Instant Pot Duo is our favorite multicooker on the market. It’s a super-easy way to prepare quick meals and can accommodate ribs, soups, beans, rice, poultry, yogurt, desserts, and pretty much anything else you might be craving. The $50 discount matches the best Black Friday deals we saw last year, but you get a bonus of $15 in Kohl’s Cash that you can use the next time you shop at Kohl’s.
- Nespresso VertuoPlus Coffee and Espresso Machine, $100 (originally $200) [You save $100], available at Target. The Nespresso VertuoPlus makes freshly brewed coffee with cream as well as espressos at the touch of a button. Your savings overall are $100.
- Coway Mighty Air Purifier, $116 (originally $230) [You save $114], available at Walmart. The affordable yet powerful air purifier is at its best price ever and was once our top pick for the best air purifier you can buy (before being topped by one of Coway’s newer, slightly more expensive models).
- Dyson V8 Absolute, $250 (originally $450) [You save $200], available at Dyson. Sometimes you have to look to the brand’s own website to find the best deals, and this Dyson website-exclusive vacuum is a prime example. *This is Sponsored Product that has been suggested by Dyson; it also meets our editorial criteria in terms of quality and value.*
- Hover-1 Maverick Hoverboard, $98 (originally $128) [You save $30], available at Walmart. Your search for a Christmas gift is over thanks to this hoverboard toy. Both parents and kids love its ease of use and durability, though you’ll also love it for its more affordable sale price. Just consider practicing in the driveway rather than inside the house for the first couple times.
- $15 Kohl’s Cash for every $50 spent + take an extra 15% off with code “GIVETHANKS,” available at Kohl’s. Kohl’s Cash can be used on future purchases until December 9. It’s a good incentive to buy some big-ticket items from Kohl’s rather than head to Amazon, Target, Best Buy, Walmart, or Nordstrom, which may try to match prices but won’t include the same rewards.
- 25% off orders of $100+ at Tommy John. These are by far the steepest discounts we’ve seen our favorite underwear brand offer; last year’s Black Friday and Cyber Monday offers were for 20% off. We’ve named Tommy John’s underwear for women as our top overall pick in our highly researched underwear guide because it comes in a variety of materials and shapes, never digs in, and always stays breathable. The men on our team are big fans, too.
How we selected the best Black Friday deals:
- We only chose products that meet our high standard of coverage and that we’ve either used ourselves or researched carefully.
- We compared the prices among top retailers such as Amazon, Best Buy, Target, and Walmart and included only the deals that are better than all others offered (not including promotional discounts that come from using certain credit cards).
- All deals are at least 20% off, with the occasional exception for products that are rarely discounted or provide an outsize value.