- The Senate passed a $2 trillion stimulus bill to help support the the country’s economy during the novel coronavirus pandemic, with the House of Representatives set to vote on the bill Friday morning.
- The bill includes sending most Americans a personal check to help prop up households amid the economic disruption.
- Business Insider created a chart to show how much money Americans will receive from the relief package, based on their income.
- An individual who reported an income of $75,000 or less on their taxes will receive $1,200, with declining amounts for Americans earning more than that.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
To help with the economic strain from the outbreak, the Senate on Wednesday night passed a $2 trillion stimulus bill, with the House of Representatives set to vote on the bill Friday morning.
The coronavirus relief package includes giving most Americans a personal check based on their adjusted gross income reported on their 2019 taxes, or their 2018 taxes if they have not filed this year’s taxes yet.
The following chart shows how much taxpayers will receive from the stimulus package based on filing status and income. An individual who made $75,000 or less will receive a check of $1,200, while a couple who filed jointly and made $150,000 or less will receive $2,400. The size of the checks decreases by $0.05 for each dollar earned above those cutoffs, with single filers earning more than $99,000 and married couples earning more than $198,000 getting nothing:
Something is loading.